Moss offered £5m to front poker site nine.com
LONDON - Things are starting to look up for troubled supermodel Kate Moss as online gambling site nine.com has offered the scandal-embroiled star £5m to be the face of its new campaign.
The five-year contract would come with restrictions, however, including a spell in rehab and monitoring by the company's headquarters in Costa Rica for two months to prove the star is not taking drugs, as recent tabloid pictures have indicated.
The poker site has also asked Moss to participate in a nine.com-sponsored anti-drugs campaign aimed at students.
The offer was faxed to Moss' agents last week and representatives of the star have yet to comment on the deal.
Nine.com conducted a focus group, which found that customers were not phased by the allegations that the 31-year-old star took cocaine.
Jack Abrams, a nine.com spokesman, said: "We did a quick focus group with some customers to see if they would be offended in any way and the response was an overwhelming, 'No -- please get Kate Moss as your spokesperson'."
So far, the Croydon-born supermodel has lost lucrative contracts from H&M, Burberry and Chanel due to the tabloid revelations. Other brands including Christian Dior are said to be considering their future use of the model.
The only brand to publicly stand by Moss is cosmetics giant Rimmel, which praised the star last week for issuing an apology over the allegations.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £60000 per annum + Benefits, London