Grey walks away with Agency of the Year at Euro Effies
BRUSSELS – Grey Europe, Middle East and Africa was named Agency Network of the Year at the Euro Effie Awards last night.
The awards, which celebrate brand-building effectiveness across Europe, saw the WPP-owned Grey EMEA perform well across all categories, scooping seven Effies altogether, including four Gold, two Silvers and a Bronze.
Grey Worldwide Dusseldorf won a Gold for its Procter & Gamble Lenor "Poetry" campaign for boosting sales by 55% in Belgium and 15% in Germany.
Grey Worldwide Copenhagen won a Silver award and Best Small Budget award for its Synoptik "Age discount" campaign with a 24% increase in turnover for the group, ahead of the targeted 10%.
Callegari Berville Grey won a Bronze Effie for its GlaxoSmithKline Aquafresh "Stick out your tongue" campaign. Grey's operation in Athens, Atletico International Advertising, took Silver for the Seat Leon campaign "For those who believe."
Carolyn Carter, president and chief executive officer of Grey Global Group EMEA, said: "These awards are a wonderful achievement for Grey, our clients and their brands."
She added: "We know advertising can deliver real growth for brands. But today there's one common truth for brands, clients and agencies -- we need to prove our worth every day. That's what keeps effectiveness at the top of our agenda at Grey."
Grey London was a finalist in its Bold "Part of the fabric of life" campaign.
Euro Effie 2005 campaigns and case studies are available online.
The EACA Euro Effies are the gold standard in commercial communications effectiveness and are open to all agencies in all European markets for campaigns that ran in 2004.
In addition to the Agency Network of the Year trophy, Grey EMEA also received a special prize from overall competition sponsor EuroNews -- 100 ad spots on EuroNews to be used before January 1 2006.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire