Rachel Weisz to replace Moss as face of Burberry fragrance
LONDON - British actress Rachel Weisz is set to win Kate Moss's lucrative Burberry fragrance contract after the supermodel was axed following allegations of cocaine abuse.
Weisz, star of hit films 'About a Boy', 'The Mummy' and 'Enemy at the Gates', is being touted as the new face of the fashion house's signature fragrance.
According to reports over the weekend, Burberry wanted a classic British beauty to replace Croydon-born Moss.
"Burberry wanted to use an elegant and sophisticated British beauty for their fragrance and Rachel fitted the bill," a Burberry source claimed.
Weisz was educated at £5,000-a-term private girls school Benenden and later went on to study at Cambridge University.
Moss has so far lost lucrative contracts from Burberry, H&M and Chanel due to the tabloid revelations. Other brands, including Christian Dior, are said to be considering their future use of the model.
The only brand to publicly stand by Moss is cosmetics giant Rimmel, which praised the star last week for issuing an apology over the allegations.
In addition, actress Sienna Miller is still said to be the favourite to replace Moss as the face of Burberry clothing.
If she accepts, Miller will star in the Burberry's spring 2006 campaign to be shot by Mario Testino.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands