The Publishing Agency names King as new MD
LONDON - Customer magazine company The Publishing Agency has appointed a new managing director of its London office -- the lead singer of 1980s post-punk band Gang of Four, Jon King.
King will join the firm as managing director and worldwide partner as The Publishing Agency embarks on a multimedia strategy and relaunches in the marketplace.
Until July, King was chief executive of World Television Group, where he tripled turnover in three years and developed areas of its business including webcasting, corporate communications and international news production.
Previously, King was head of European business for ScreenRed, a division of retail consultancy John Ryan International.
King is not yet ensconced in his new role because he is currently touring with Gang of Four in the US. He joins The Publishing Agency on October 31.
"Jon brings unique visibility, talent, creative energy and experience to us," Kirk Cheyfitz, chief executive of The Publishing Agency, said. "His arrival also marks the first and most critical step in our transformation from a publishing agency into a true multi-channel creator of brand stories in all media."
He added that the company is being rebranded in November, although no details of the relaunch are yet available.
"Today, with media changing rapidly, clients need a partner that can engage and excite audiences with brilliantly told stories in print, on the web, on mobile platforms, on DVDs and in any other medium now known or shortly to be invented," Cheyfitz said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Strategist Rare Selection £30,000 - £35,000 + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Skincare Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Thorn Lighting c£50-55k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire
- Artworkers - Junior and Midweight Red Sofa London £22000 - £27000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- New business director-part-time, boutique design agency,£55k PR Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £60000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)