Kate Moss could face arrest when she returns to the UK
LONDON – As Rimmel yesterday faced pressure to drop supermodel Kate Moss, her career could be facing another upset as she faces being arrested on suspicion of supplying cocaine when she returns from her month-long stay in rehab in Arizona.
Yesterday, it was reported that the Coty-owned Rimmel brand, which has to date stood by the model, was coming under pressure from US drugstore giant Walgreens to drop Moss from its ad campaigns.
According to a report in The Sun newspaper, the cocaine shame supermodel will be formally arrested and interviewed when she leaves the clinic and returns to the UK.
The Croydon-born model checked herself into rehab after revelations about her alleged £200-a-day cocaine habit surfaced in the Daily Mirror in a secret video film, which has since been shown on Sky One.
Pictures of the star showed her apparently snorting "line after line" of cocaine with her on-off boyfriend, rock musician Pete Doherty.
The £4m-a-year model has lost several lucrative contracts with major fashion houses since the scandal broke, including H&M, Chanel and Burberry.
Moss is seen on the front of America's W magazine, published by Conde Nast, for the November issue. She is also featured in the magazine "dazzling in the season's most glamourous choices".
Scotland Yard has not confirmed that Moss will be arrested, however it was said to be an "ongoing inquiry".
Moss made a public apology a week after the grainy pictures were published saying "I take full responsibility for my actions. I also accept that there are various personal issues that I need to address and have started taking the difficult, yet necessary, steps to resolve them.
"I want to apologise to all of the people I have let down because of my behaviour, which has reflected badly on my family, friends, co-workers, business associates and others."
Police have also raided the recording studio where Moss was alleged to have used the drugs and interviewed her boyfriend Doherty over the matter.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London