Synovate boosts youth research in Asia with Filter acquisition
LONDON – Aegis' market research arm Synovate has acquired youth marketing agency The Filter Group to form the basis of its youth research offering in the region feeding into its global division Synovate YC.
Filter, positioned as a youth trend research agency specialising in marketing to the new generation of urban Asians, was established in 2000 by founders Ian Stewart and Stuart Wason, with Synovate originally holding a 25% stake in the company.
With its increased 100% stake, Synovate is turning Filter into its Asian headquarters for its new global specialist youth unit Synovate YC.
Tim Balbarnie, chief executive officer of Synovate Asia Pacific, said: "Synovate already had partial ownership -- 25% -- of the company, but we felt the youth research market had so much potential that we wanted to ensure our full involvement in and commitment to what we see as a stellar future."
Stewart will remain at the company as head of Synovate YC in Asia while Wason is leaving the company to pursue other interests in Singapore.
Stewart said that the early integration into Synovate creates a fantastic opportunity for its clients.
"This allows us to take Filter's past five years of youth research expertise to a global level. Our regional clients will have access to even greater reach and scope -- and Synovate's clients will have immediate access to our specialist knowledge of young, urban Asians, a key target group for many marketers," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London