WWAV Edinburgh appoints Jane Ulke as managing director
LONDON – WWAV Rapp Collins Edinburgh has appointed Jane Ulke as its managing director following the death of John Young in July.
Chris Gordon, group chief executive of WWAV Rapp Collins, had taken over the running of the agency's Edinburgh office after Young died following an illness.
Young, who was only 38 when he died, took over the agency at the beginning of 2004 after holding roles as managing director of Wunderman Amsterdam and Claydon Heeley Jones Mason.
Ulke is currently director of the Marketing Society Scotland having been there since autumn 2004. She has been building a commercial sponsorship portfolio for the society as well as providing freelance consultancy services.
Ulke previously worked on the brand development and planning team for the launch of Scottish Enterprise.
In 1995 Ulke founded her own agency, Marketing Mechanics, offering clients strategic research, marketing campaign planning, brand/identity development, direct marketing and internal communications consultancy.
Ulke also launched Events Mechanics in 2000 and helped push the Scottish Rugby brand to supporters.
"WWAV Edinburgh has an enviable reputation for producing highly effective, award-winning, creatively driven marketing campaigns and I am very excited about being given the opportunity to take it on to the next stage of its development," Ulke said.
WWAV Rapp Collins London recently made a round of job cuts in its production and studio departments.
It is also understood to be conducting a review of its planning and TV production departments, which will result in further cuts.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London