WWAV Edinburgh appoints Jane Ulke as managing director
LONDON – WWAV Rapp Collins Edinburgh has appointed Jane Ulke as its managing director following the death of John Young in July.
Chris Gordon, group chief executive of WWAV Rapp Collins, had taken over the running of the agency's Edinburgh office after Young died following an illness.
Young, who was only 38 when he died, took over the agency at the beginning of 2004 after holding roles as managing director of Wunderman Amsterdam and Claydon Heeley Jones Mason.
Ulke is currently director of the Marketing Society Scotland having been there since autumn 2004. She has been building a commercial sponsorship portfolio for the society as well as providing freelance consultancy services.
Ulke previously worked on the brand development and planning team for the launch of Scottish Enterprise.
In 1995 Ulke founded her own agency, Marketing Mechanics, offering clients strategic research, marketing campaign planning, brand/identity development, direct marketing and internal communications consultancy.
Ulke also launched Events Mechanics in 2000 and helped push the Scottish Rugby brand to supporters.
"WWAV Edinburgh has an enviable reputation for producing highly effective, award-winning, creatively driven marketing campaigns and I am very excited about being given the opportunity to take it on to the next stage of its development," Ulke said.
WWAV Rapp Collins London recently made a round of job cuts in its production and studio departments.
It is also understood to be conducting a review of its planning and TV production departments, which will result in further cuts.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire