Kirklees beats 250 to win LinkDirect communications award
LONDON – Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council has beaten 250 local government contenders to win an industry communications award, sponsored by door-drop company LinkDirect, for its 'Together we'll succeed' campaign.
The CIPR Local Government Excellence in Communications Award decided that the West Yorkshire council deserved to win its best publication/leaflet category for its "Believe" postcard.
The awards dinner was held at the CIPR Local Government annual conference in Cardiff where all local government communicators were offered the chance to promote their best work.
Kirkless Council accepted the prize of a trophy and certificate from Edward Fulbrook, LinkDirect marketing director.
Christopher Marsden, marketing officer of Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council, said: "Kirklees Council has put a lot of work into its 'Together we'll succeed' campaign and now with this award as a spearhead, we will be rolling the campaign out across the borough, targeting as many households as we possibly can."
Among others, Kirklees Council was up against Westminster City Council for its drugs and alcohol handbook and "Z-card"; Essex County Council's Ignition magazine for older people; Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council's The Reporter staff magazine; Southwark Council for its Tenants Handbook; Warwickshire County Council's "Crack it open" statutory leaflet on council tax; and Wakefield Metropolitan District Council's "Timeline 2004" council report.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience, West London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London