Beeny tries her luck with matchmaking website
LONDON – Channel 4's 'Property Ladder' presenter Sarah Beeny has launched a new way of dating online that allows matchmakers to recommend their singleton friends.
Mysinglefriend.com is hoping to inspire people who are turned off by club trawls and traditional dating sites, and was created by Beeny and her childhood friend Amanda Christie.
The Cupid-style service means that anyone can take part and friends can look for suitable dates for each other, rather than relying on a computer search.
The website works by a friend registering their single friend, who then has a chance to approve and add comments to the description before it goes live.
A single person can also nominate themselves, ask a friend to describe them and have the chance to look over the testimonial.
The online "dating community" is open to everyone over the age of 18 and is currently free, but the site is considering charging £20 for four months' full subscription, while posting a simple profile will remain free.
According to Beeny: "Loads of us have excellent unattached mates who ought to hear about each other and mysinglefriend.com makes that possible. Someone else describing you, then joining in the process makes for a less scary experience. It certainly makes a more enlightening and fun read.
"We wanted to make online dating a lot more fun. It's hard to put yourself out there and describe yourself to a world of strangers, and so difficult to get a complete picture of someone online," Beeny said.
Since the website launched on September 28, Beeny and Christie have created more than 2,000 profiles between them and the site has signed up 3,657 members in just two weeks.
Storm PR was appointed two weeks ago to handle launch activity and national/regional media relations.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East