Emerging markets sees ZenithOptimedia raise adspend forecast
LONDON - Emerging markets Brazil, Russia, India and China are forecast to report booming growth in advertising spend, supplying 27% of world ad growth this year.
The buoyant ad marketing in emerging economies has seen media buying agency ZenithOptimedia raise its global adspend forecast for 2005 to $406bn (£230bn), a rise of 5.2% on 2004.
Along with growth from the so-called BRIC countries -- Brazil, Russia, India and China -- advertising in Saudi Arabia and the pan-Arabic market is also expected to rise, contributing $656m to global adspend, almost the same amount as India.
This year, the fastest-growing region is Latin America, with adspend forecast to increase by 19.3%. It is followed by Africa, the Middle East and rest of the world, up by 17.1%, and then by Asia Pacific, which is forecast to report growth of 5.5%.
Europe and the US lag behind the global growth rate with 3.1% and 3.6% respectively.
The agency said that adspend outlook remained positive despite economic uncertainties. It is forecasting 6.2% growth in 2006 and 6.1% in 2007.
ZenithOptimedia said that as well as the growth of advertising in emerging markets, the rise of the internet as an advertising medium was also pushing up growth. It is forecasting that by 2007, the internet will account for 5% of all global adspend.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London