IPC SouthBank boss quits suddenly with future role unclear
LONDON – Sandy Whetton, the head of IPC's womens and home interest division, is leaving the company at the end of the month, apparently without a job to go to.
Whetton is leaving IPC for the second time after rejoining the company to head SouthBank in March 2003. SouthBank managers will temporarily report to IPC chief executive Sylvia Auton.
Whetton worked across a number of IPC divisions in the 1980s and 1990s, rising to publishing director level.
In 1998, he left to become president of OAG Worldwide, the worldwide airline schedules information business, which was owned by Reed Elsevier until last year.
He subsequently become managing director of Raven Fox, the travel and retail division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, then returned to IPC.
BBC Magazines, Conde Nast, Haymarket and the National Magazine Company said they could not comment or had no knowledge that Whetton could be joining them.
News International's recently launched magazine division was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.
However, News International is known to be planning to launch two magazines, called Inside Out and True Lives, into the women's market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London