Moss sidelined by H&M for Italian model and computer graphics
LONDON – Relatively unknown Italian model Mariacarla Boscono and a set of computer graphics will replace Kate Moss as the face of H&M, the Swedish retailer has confirmed.
Boscono will appear in TV ads for H&M's new Stella McCartney range of clothes, but poster and newspaper ads will not feature the model, instead relying on "graphical solutions", a H&M spokeswoman said.
Boscono has previously appeared on the cover of Vogue and has done work for Versace, Pirelli and Alberta Ferretti.
A limited collection of 40 items designed by McCartney, daughter of ex-Beatle Sir Paul, are due to go on sale in 400 H&M stores from November 10.
Moss was dropped as the face of the new clothing range after pictures of her snorting cocaine appeared in the Daily Mirror.
Moss, who was previously earning up to £4m a year, lost many of her lucrative fashion contracts including Burberry and Chanel, after the scandal broke.
The model is now spending time in a rehab clinic in Arizona after a public apology and admitting she has "various problems" to resolve.
Since the cocaine incident, Pirelli has kept her in its calendar and W magazine showed its support with an eight-page fashion shoot entitled 'Survivors'.
Photographer Mario Testino and Yves Saint Laurent have also come out in support of the Croydon-born model and she appears to have hung on to her deal with Rimmel London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) - AGENCY Harnham £40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, West End
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £35000 per annum, London