UK Rally seeks sponsors for British Championships
LONDON – UK Rally is seeking a title sponsor and up to four associate sponsors for The British Rally Championship in the hope of growing the sport into a global brand.
British Rally Championship events are covered on Sky Sports, Eurosport and Motors TV pulling in around 20m viewers in the UK. This was opened up further last year by the launch of specialist digital channel Motors TV, which made the sport available to 5.7m.
The UK sport's global footprint reaches 500m with audiences watching British Rally Championship coverage in the US, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Dubai and India.
The British Rally Championship consists of eight races, including the Scottish Rally and Rally of Wales, which are spread over the year at various locations across the UK.
Mark Taylor, BRC manager, said sponsors would benefit from the "complete rally experience" including helicopter rides to and from favourite viewing points and on-event catering, which ranges from outdoor barbecues to champagne served under chandeliers.
"It's all about opening up the sport to new spectators and attracting new sponsors to the opportunities created," he said.
UK Rally has been granted the rights for the British Rally Championship by the Motor Sports Association for the next five years.
Current and past sponsors include Kwik-Fit, Pirelli, Vodka Kick, The Gadget Shop and Eddie Stobart. Pirelli used to be the title sponsor of one of the rallies.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London