Lowe regional chairman and CEO Gilbert exits
HONG KONG - Lowe Worldwide regional chairman and CEO Nigel Gilbert will depart from the network at year-end after almost two years in the role.
Gilbert's departure follows Lowe's move in February to a new global structure centering on lighthouse lead agencies in major markets, according to Media Asia.
No replacement will be named, with the four regional lighthouses -- Mumbai, Bangkok, Shanghai and Sydney -- reporting into its global HQ.
"Since February, my principal role has been in helping cement the new structure across APAC, as well as hiring some key senior talent and I am pleased with the transition," said Gilbert.
After expanding Lowe's grip on HSBC since 1998, Gilbert was appointed to run Lowe's Asia Pacific operations in early 2004, but suffered a major setback when the network lost the bank's business mid-way through that year, sparking major consolidation of its Asian operations. Gilbert will return to the UK at year-end.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London