Lowe regional chairman and CEO Gilbert exits
HONG KONG - Lowe Worldwide regional chairman and CEO Nigel Gilbert will depart from the network at year-end after almost two years in the role.
Gilbert's departure follows Lowe's move in February to a new global structure centering on lighthouse lead agencies in major markets, according to Media Asia.
No replacement will be named, with the four regional lighthouses -- Mumbai, Bangkok, Shanghai and Sydney -- reporting into its global HQ.
"Since February, my principal role has been in helping cement the new structure across APAC, as well as hiring some key senior talent and I am pleased with the transition," said Gilbert.
After expanding Lowe's grip on HSBC since 1998, Gilbert was appointed to run Lowe's Asia Pacific operations in early 2004, but suffered a major setback when the network lost the bank's business mid-way through that year, sparking major consolidation of its Asian operations. Gilbert will return to the UK at year-end.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London