Lowe regional chairman and CEO Gilbert exits
HONG KONG - Lowe Worldwide regional chairman and CEO Nigel Gilbert will depart from the network at year-end after almost two years in the role.
Gilbert's departure follows Lowe's move in February to a new global structure centering on lighthouse lead agencies in major markets, according to Media Asia.
No replacement will be named, with the four regional lighthouses -- Mumbai, Bangkok, Shanghai and Sydney -- reporting into its global HQ.
"Since February, my principal role has been in helping cement the new structure across APAC, as well as hiring some key senior talent and I am pleased with the transition," said Gilbert.
After expanding Lowe's grip on HSBC since 1998, Gilbert was appointed to run Lowe's Asia Pacific operations in early 2004, but suffered a major setback when the network lost the bank's business mid-way through that year, sparking major consolidation of its Asian operations. Gilbert will return to the UK at year-end.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london