London 2012 communications director Lee to step down
LONDON – Mike Lee, director of communications and public affairs at London 2012, is stepping down at the end of the month with Jackie Brock-Doyle, head of public relations and media, taking on the vacant role.
Lee joined the London bid team at the end of 2003 and played a major role in securing the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games for London, working closely with bid chairman Lord Coe and chief executive Keith Mills.
Lee has no job to go to, but is said to be keen "to explore new professional opportunities" without shedding light on what these might be.
Lord Coe, 2012 chairman, said: "Mike has made a fantastic contribution to London 2012, particularly in positioning and communicating our plans to key audiences, including the media. I have enjoyed our time together and Mike thoroughly deserves his recent accolade as PR Professional of the Year."
Lee, who previously worked for Uefa and could be involved in any future Football Association bid for the World Cup, said the London 2012 campaign had been a great experience, with winning on July 6 the highlight of his professional career.
"I can not speak highly enough of the team we have built at London 2012 and now at the London Organising Committee. The sense of purpose and shared commitment between the bid team and all our supporters and stakeholders remains very special," Lee said.
Lee leaves London 2012 team on November 30 with Brock-Doyle taking up the post from December 1.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior national account manager Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + car, West London