Kate Moss makes modelling comeback with Vanity Fair cover
LONDON - Shamed supermodel Kate Moss is only days out of rehab and it seems her career is taking off again with a front cover splash and 11 pages inside December's issue of Vanity Fair.
The 31-year-old model has been holed up in an Arizona rehabilitation clinic for a month after allegations of her cocaine use broke in the Daily Mirror in September.
Moss is shown on the front cover wearing a black Chloe camisole with the coverline reading, "Kate Moss -- can she come back?". The magazine features Moss in several glamorous fashion shots that were reported to have been taken months ago but never used.
However, the decision to run them now will likely boost the magazine's newsstand sales on both sides of the Atlantic.
The American magazine's support for the former catwalk queen comes as reports suggest that Moss plans to leave the UK for America for good after details of her private life came to light.
The Croydon-born model issued a public apology in an effort to stem damage to her career, in which she vowed to sort out her troubled life out after photographs were published showing her snorting cocaine in a West London recording studio.
Moss, who has a three-year-old daughter, has lost up to £4m in earnings, with the loss of several lucrative contracts including H&M, Burberry and Chanel.
With the Vanity Fair cover out, there is more good news for the model this week as plans for Moss to guest edit the French Vogue still appear to be going ahead.
Moss has been supported by various people in the media spotlight since the story broke, including Hollywood actress Sharon Stone and fashion photographer Mario Testino, who said she should not be judged for "10 minutes of her life".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Technical Project Manager Red Sofa London £300 - £370 per day, East London