Cake founder Jones takes up role at Freewheelin' after leaving BMB
LONDON – Cake co-founder Ben Jones, who quit Beattie McGuinness Bungay last month to pursue 'personal projects', has taken up a director role at youth marketing agency Freewheelin' Media.
Jones joined Beattie McGuinness Bungay in July this year to work in the agency's creative department, developing non-traditional advertising, including branded content projects for French Connection.
Jones announced he was leaving to pursue "personal projects" in October and has already begun working for Freewheelin' Media.
Prior to BMB, Jones was a founding partner and creative director of youth agency Cake, where he worked for a number of big name clients including Orange, Carling, Nintendo and Lynx.
Before co-founding Cake in 1999, he worked for agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi, JWT and Publicis, where he was responsible for the creation of the award-winning Hype gallery for HP.
Despite losing a chief creative force, the Trevor Beattie-founded BMB has come on in leaps and bounds since its summer launch racking up new-business wins from Sky News, HP Foods, OK!'s US launch and First Choice.
More recently, Sky One has been in talks with BMB with a view to moving its £4.5m advertising account out of Wieden & Kennedy into the start-up.
Freewheelin' was set up in 1999 by Jeff Boardman and Vikas Malik and has worked for big names brands inclusing Diesel's sports brand 55DSL, Red Bull and World Skatemasterz with Tony Hawk.
Freewheelin's current clients include Atari, Converse, Gas Jeans, Ecko and Hummel.
"I've known Ben for a long time and in the past we have done some fantastic ground breaking work together before Ben went on to Cake. I am looking forward to making that partnership work again and producing more great creative work," Boardman said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account/Project Manager - Brand Campaigns Kate Marsh Recruitment up to £32K, East London