DMA awards audience asked to answer brief for charity
LONDON - The DMA is staging an unusual category at its annual awards event next month, with guests being invited to answer a brief on the night using only their dinner placemats, in aid of industry charity Nabs.
The brief will be set on the night, with contenders being asked to dispense with meetings and computers and instead rely on their "pure creativity at its rawest", according to Wanda Goldwag, chair of the DMA Awards organising committee.
Goldwag said: "Forget labouring for weeks over finely crafted submissions, this DMA award is about getting it right on the night."
The award will also be judged on the night, with those taking part making a donation to marketing and advertising support charity Nabs.
The remaining 29 categories were judged last month over a four-day period.
Those on the shortlist include Harrison Troughton Wunderman, which has been nominated for a campaign for Microsoft in the IT/telecommunications category.
Others up for awards include Ogilvy One Worldwide, EHS Brann, RMG Connect and Geronimo.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London