Managing director quits Galleon CI ahead of office relocation
LONDON - Galleon CI, the new magazine marketing company jointly owned by BBC Worldwide and Dennis Publishing, has lost its managing director Mandy Thwaites following a decision to relocate operations.
The company was created in April this year out of the merger of Galleon, owned by BBC Worldwide and located in Somerset, and Customer Interface, part-owned by Dennis and located in Kent. It supports BBC and Dennis titles as well as titles owned by the Puzzler Group, H Bauer, Highbury House and Haymarket, the publisher of Brand Republic.
After a review, the company has decided to relocate its Somerset-based operations to an office next to its Kent base next year.
Thwaites and head of client services Sean Sheffield have opted to leave the new company after initially staying on in the same roles they had at Galleon.
The managing director position will temporarily be filled by Tom Turcan, Galleon CI's chairman of executive managment.
Sheffield has been replaced by Ranjinder Lall, currently marketing director at Highbury House.
The changes were a natural consequence of the merger, according to BBC Magazines managing director Peter Phippen.
Phippen said: "I am confident that we are making great strides towards building the UK's gold standard subscriptions fulfilment company for the future."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London