Huntsworth completes £63m sale to Media Square
LONDON - Huntsworth has completed the sale of its 16 marketing services businesses, including market research operation Incepta Marketing Intelligence, to Media Square.
The £63m deal, first proposed in September, was completed last week following the backing of shareholders.
Jeremy Middleton, chief executive of Media Square, said: "This marks another significant step in Media Square's stated aim of becoming a leading marketing services and marketing communications group."
The deal considerably swells Media Square's operations and marks its first foray into market research with Incepta MI, which was created by the merger of Citigate DVL Smith and Hauck Research Services in March 2004.
Also being sold is design agency Holmes & Marchant; Incepta Online, which comprises Tangozebra, DMD, JKD Communications, Citigate Hudson and Citigate MarchCom; sponsorship agencies Redmandarin and Karen Earl Sponsorship; and brand communications agency Lloyd Northover.
The sell-off follows a review of the Huntsworth business and a decision to radically refocus the company on its core PR and healthcare communications activities.
Media Square already owns direct marketing agency Clark McKay & Walpole; business-to-business ad agency IAS; interactive shop Arnold Interactive; and retail marketing services agency Fourninety.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london