Train operators ramp up two-for-one attractions entry activity
LONDON - Field marketing teams are hitting Waterloo station today as part of a £3m integrated campaign by Communique 360 promoting London and South East train operators' two-for-one offer on entry to London visitor attractions.
The marketing budget has been increased from under £2m last year in order to get visitors back into London following July's terrorist attacks. The offer is now in its fourth year.
Rail users can collect vouchers from railway stations or download them from websites, including 2for1entry.co.uk.
Communique was re-engaged for a second year, without a pitch, and has planned an integrated campaign incorporating outdoor, direct and relationship marketing, field marketing, PR and online.
The field marketers, with the help of characters from participating attractions such as Beefeaters from the Tower of London, will hand out leaflets to passengers coming in and out of London.
The campaign also makes use of a new outdoor media opportunity at Waterloo. The old departure board has been replaced with a 300ft wide banner, sold by Maiden.
Consumers on the train operators' databases and those who redeemed vouchers last year are being reached with direct mail and email, while 1.6m door-drops have also been distributed.
Sunara Spires, strategic and planning director at Communique 360, said that this year's campaign put more emphasis on areas revealed to be responsive last time, such as Reading and Brighton.
Banner ads have been taken out on sites such as Time Out and Communique 360 has again invested in pay-per-click marketing, securing terms including the names of the attractions and "cheap rail travel" and ensuring that the train companies are not bidding against each other.
The campaign will continue in bursts until May 2006.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East