Zopa launches marketing push after Burn hire
LONDON - Online loan exchange firm Zopa, dubbed the eBay of money lending, is launching a field marketing campaign this week to drive potential lenders and customers to its website.
Zopa staff, including chief executive office Richard Duvall, a former launch director of Egg, will be at London rail station concourses for two weeks from today.
The campaign has been launched by direct marketing agency Burn, which launched last month and is led by joint managing directors and former Black Cat board directors Julie Cheetham and Guy McConnell.
Simon Devonshire, Zopa sales and marketing director,, said: "This campaign is all about taking Zopa to the people, who need to know there are better ways to borrow."
He said that this is the first piece of work of an ongoing direct marketing campaign being handled by Burn.
In July this year, Zopa announced the appointment of Harvest Digital as it digital marketing agency. Other agencies it uses include Karmarama, PR agency Sputnik and Mediacom.
Zopa was launched in March this year and is backed by Munich-based Wellington Partners, and eBay- and Betfair-backer Benchmark.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)