Boots sends interactive TV viewers shopping list via text
LONDON - Boots, the high street retailer, has launched an interactive television campaign to help push Christmas sales via the red button.
Red Bee Media, formerly BBC Broadcast, has worked with Boots' ad agency Mother, media planning agency Naked Communications and media buying agency Mediacom, to create the campaign, which supports the "Giving Feels Good this Christmas" Boots advertising.
The interactive television campaign promotes Boots' three-for-two mix and match present offer as a way to give more this Christmas and ends with the tag line: "Because giving feels good".
Viewers are offered advice through a gift selector on what to give their friends and family by pressing the red button on their remote control.
They are then taken through to a Boots Gift Idea Generator where they are given different options for choosing gifts for him, her, kids, teens and grandparents.
The campaign also offers five sub-profiles for the person they are buying for such as "glamour girl", "gadget lover", "keen cook" and "party animal".
Under each category three gifts are suggested that feature in the three-for-two offer, as well as a lucky dip category for viewers who want a quick and easy gift selection.
When viewers have finished selecting their presents, a text message is sent to their mobile phone listing the gifts.
Christian Ruland, creative director at Red Bee Media, said: "We wanted to create an interactive ad experience that reflected the 'Trust Boots' positioning and would be helpful to viewers in the run-up to Christmas."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- SEO / PPC Strategist - Full Service Agency ADLIB £30k - £35k, Hampshire