Boots sends interactive TV viewers shopping list via text
LONDON - Boots, the high street retailer, has launched an interactive television campaign to help push Christmas sales via the red button.
Red Bee Media, formerly BBC Broadcast, has worked with Boots' ad agency Mother, media planning agency Naked Communications and media buying agency Mediacom, to create the campaign, which supports the "Giving Feels Good this Christmas" Boots advertising.
The interactive television campaign promotes Boots' three-for-two mix and match present offer as a way to give more this Christmas and ends with the tag line: "Because giving feels good".
Viewers are offered advice through a gift selector on what to give their friends and family by pressing the red button on their remote control.
They are then taken through to a Boots Gift Idea Generator where they are given different options for choosing gifts for him, her, kids, teens and grandparents.
The campaign also offers five sub-profiles for the person they are buying for such as "glamour girl", "gadget lover", "keen cook" and "party animal".
Under each category three gifts are suggested that feature in the three-for-two offer, as well as a lucky dip category for viewers who want a quick and easy gift selection.
When viewers have finished selecting their presents, a text message is sent to their mobile phone listing the gifts.
Christian Ruland, creative director at Red Bee Media, said: "We wanted to create an interactive ad experience that reflected the 'Trust Boots' positioning and would be helpful to viewers in the run-up to Christmas."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1