Dig For Fire wins Encams smoking litter work
LONDON - Dig For Fire has been appointed to create an integrated campaign to reduce the litter created by smokers by environmental charity Encams.
Having won the project in four-way pitch, the Sheffield-based agency will prepare the campaign for February, after a period of research to be carried out by Encams.
The aim is to reduce litter in "hot spot" areas, and employers that allow workers to smoke outside their premises will be targeted.
Forty per cent of all litter in England is smoking-related, according to Ginette Unsworth, marketing manager for Encams, which is also behind the Keep Britain Tidy campaigns.
"Every day over 122 tonnes of cigarette butts, packets and matchsticks are dumped in streets, parks, playgrounds and on beaches. This puts strain on councils, which have a legal duty to clean the litter up," she said.
Dig For Fire handles advertising, direct marketing, digital media and PR for clients including Tesco, Co-Operative Financial Services, Travis Perkins and the Budget Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London