LBC Radio launches trial live ad campaign with Citrix
LONDON - Radio station LBC 97.3 FM is teaming up with IT software company Citrix for a trial live ad campaign to promote its new software package, Go To My PC.
The £50,000 campaign will feature live presenter-read ads performed by James O'Brien during his morning show, supported by a normal spot ad airtime campaign.
The campaign has been created by RadioWorks to promote its new software package, which allows business users to access their work computers from any PC via remote access.
It is hoped the campaign will encourage listeners to sign up for free trials of the software. The ads have been developed in accordance with Ofcom regulations, so that they are clearly distinguishable from programming and presenters may not provide personal endorsement for the products.
The presenter-read ads will form part of an ad break, along with a jingle, so as not to form any part of the general editorial of the radio station.
The campaign has been inspired following similar ad campaigns in the US and Australia, which proved to be a successful method of reaching consumers.
David Lloyd, managing director of LBC Radio, said: "The LBC format lends itself particularly well to innovative approaches to advertising. These live ads will enable us to capitalise on the immediacy of the medium and draw upon the communications skills that great presenters naturally have."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London