BBC Two reality show to strip millionaires of luxury lifestyle
LONDON - BBC Two is looking for 'mega-rich' entrepreneurs to be stripped of their luxury lifestyle and made to start off from scratch for a new reality TV show.
Each of the participants will be given just £5,000 to start up a new business to see which one will come out on top. The losers will have to hand over every penny they have made in the series.
Roly Keating, controller of BBC Two, said: "We expect the programme to reveal as much about the ego of top business people as about starting a new business.
"At the same time, it should bring more business concepts to life and provide fascinating insights into how to become a successful entrepreneur."
The money-making programme follows on from the success of BBC Two's business-related shows including 'Dragon's Den', which returns this week for a second series, and 'The Apprentice', which will be back for a second series in the New Year.
The shows were hailed as bringing in a wider audience than other programmes BBC Two broadcast at the same peak times during the evening.
Speaking at the Enterprise Britain Summit, Keating said that 'Dragon's Den', which gave budding entrepreneurs a chance to bid for real investment funds, proved that programmes about business could be entertaining as well as informative.
"What audiences love about 'Dragon's Den', for example, is the sense that real investments are being made and real risks are being taken in front of their eyes, both by people pitching the ideas and by the investors who put up their own money," Keating said.
BBC Two has a history of creating business television, going back to the launch of the 'Money Programme' in 1966, which continues today as BBC Two's flagship weekly business affairs programme alongside 'Working Lunch'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London