I'm a Celebrity... final line-up unveiled ahead of broadcast
LONDON - The final line-up of Z-list stars to take part in ITV's fifth series of 'I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!' have been unveiled, with unlikely jungle mates including Seventies pop icon Jimmy Osmond and Margaret Thatcher's daughter Carol.
Joining them in the show, which starts on November 20, are former Blue singer Antony Costa, TV antiques expert David Dickinson, former Atomic Kitten Jenny Frost and wine buff Jilly Goolden.
Frost, who follows another former Atomic Kitten Kerry Katona on to the show, is reported to have won herself a £100,000 fee for appearing. Her co-stars will pick up just £25,000.
The cash pile for top tabloid fodder Frost follows a similar amount paid to model Jordan on the last series of the show.
Also competing for the accolade of king or queen of the jungle are former 'EastEnders' stars Elaine Lordan and Sid Owen, and ex-'Emmerdale' actress Sheree Murphy.
While it had been rumoured over the last month that a number of the contestants had already agreed to take part, Davies has come as a surprise to most media pundits. Others in the frame had been 70s comedy duo Cannon and Ball and Jude Law's former nanny Daisy Wright.
The show has been a consistent ratings success for ITV since the first series, which was won by Tony Blackburn, and the network is hoping to continue its success by expanding multimedia coverage.
As well as coverage on ITV1 and ITV2, 'I'm a Celebrity...' will also be streamed live via a mobile portal and online at itv.com/celebrity. Mobile phone users will also be able to send in videos of themselves.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire