William Levene backs Jamie kitchen gadget with £1m campaign
LONDON – Jamie Oliver is hoping to inspire a nation of food and gadget enthusiasts with the launch of his first invention, the Flavour Shaker, which is supported by a £1m media and in-store campaign.
Oliver, celebrity chef and the face of Sainsbury's long-running ad campaign, has joined forces with housewares company William Levene to create the Flavour Shaker kitchen gadget.
The campaign is William Levene's largest to date and will include TV ads, in-store media, point-of-sale, trade ads and PR.
Point-of-sale stands have been designed with a red honeycomb effect to house the shaker gadget, which is designed to crush, grind and mix herbs and spices to make meat rubs, marinades and seasonings.
Drugstore TM has created one 30-second and two 10-second TV ads that will break nationwide at the beginning of December and feature Oliver and his friends "giving it a shake" with the Flavour Shaker.
The ads are designed to be light-hearted and targeted at ABC1 adults, who enjoy cooking or watching Oliver on TV.
A consumer PR programme has been created by Icas and will target national newspapers and magazines and online media. The campaign will now extend to regional media. Media buying is by Carat.
The campaign is backed up by viral internet activity and a dedicated microsite that will be updated regularly. The site will give consumers information about how to use the gadget, as well as ideas for recipes that have been created by Oliver himself.
Nick Cornwell, managing director of William Levene, said: "We believe this product is a winner and the £1m we have put behind it is a sign of our commitment to the market.
"We expect this great new invention to become the number-one-selling housewares gift this Christmas and into 2006."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands