City AM moots evening edition as it stakes claim to City PM name
LONDON - City AM has applied for the trademark City PM, prompting speculation there will be an evening version of the free morning financial tabloid.
City AM was unavailable this morning to comment on the strategy behind the application.
The paper was launched in September and has a circulation of around 70,000. It is handed out by distributors at Tube and rail stations in the City, Canary Wharf, Mayfair and City Airport as office workers arrive to begin their day.
Media buyers have questioned whether this distribution arrangement gives readers time to go through the paper before they sit down to work.
Transport for London is currently running a tender process for an evening newspaper to be distributed via tube and rail stations like Metro.
Northern & Shell and News International are among the newspaper groups interested in the opportunity and it is possible that City AM may join in.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London