City AM moots evening edition as it stakes claim to City PM name
LONDON - City AM has applied for the trademark City PM, prompting speculation there will be an evening version of the free morning financial tabloid.
City AM was unavailable this morning to comment on the strategy behind the application.
The paper was launched in September and has a circulation of around 70,000. It is handed out by distributors at Tube and rail stations in the City, Canary Wharf, Mayfair and City Airport as office workers arrive to begin their day.
Media buyers have questioned whether this distribution arrangement gives readers time to go through the paper before they sit down to work.
Transport for London is currently running a tender process for an evening newspaper to be distributed via tube and rail stations like Metro.
Northern & Shell and News International are among the newspaper groups interested in the opportunity and it is possible that City AM may join in.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East