Visits to UK retail sites has beaten busiest period in 2004
LONDON - More shoppers have visited UK retail websites already in 2005 than at the peak of last year's Christmas shopping season.
According to Hitwise, the online research firm, visits to retail websites ended last week 5% higher than the week ending December 4 2004 -- the busiest week for visits to retail sites in 2004.
Popular product searches to date include Robbie Williams, especially concert tickets, Madonna, and iPod.
Among children's toys, Barbie and Bratz were battling it out for search dominance, with Bratz overtaking their blonde rival for the week ending November 19.
The research indicates it could be a very techie Christmas for some, with a high volume of searches for Sony PlayStation's PSP and Microsoft's new games console Xbox 360. Bad news for Nintendo though, with searches for its Nintendo DS lagging behind its gaming rivals.
According to Hitwise, the top five retail websites by UK visits for the week ending November 19 were: eBay; Amazon UK; Argos; Kelkoo UK; and Tesco.com.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London