Visits to UK retail sites has beaten busiest period in 2004
LONDON - More shoppers have visited UK retail websites already in 2005 than at the peak of last year's Christmas shopping season.
According to Hitwise, the online research firm, visits to retail websites ended last week 5% higher than the week ending December 4 2004 -- the busiest week for visits to retail sites in 2004.
Popular product searches to date include Robbie Williams, especially concert tickets, Madonna, and iPod.
Among children's toys, Barbie and Bratz were battling it out for search dominance, with Bratz overtaking their blonde rival for the week ending November 19.
The research indicates it could be a very techie Christmas for some, with a high volume of searches for Sony PlayStation's PSP and Microsoft's new games console Xbox 360. Bad news for Nintendo though, with searches for its Nintendo DS lagging behind its gaming rivals.
According to Hitwise, the top five retail websites by UK visits for the week ending November 19 were: eBay; Amazon UK; Argos; Kelkoo UK; and Tesco.com.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London