Foster's to sponsor 2006 Commonwealth Games
LONDON - Drinks giant Foster's has signed up to sponsor the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, claiming the marketing rights for spirits, cider and ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages during the athletics tournament.
Foster's will use its association of the games to promote its portfolio of drink brands including Foster's, Crown Lager, Strongbow Cider and Cougar Bourbon.
The sponsorship means Foster's will be able to celebrate the partnership at the unveiling of the newly created athletics track at a glittering event attended by Australia's leading athletes and Commonwealth Games dignitaries.
Trevor O' Hoy, president and chief executive of Foster's Group, said: "Melbourne is the global headquarters and spiritual home of Foster's and since the eyes of the world will be on our great city for the duration of the games, the sponsorship provides us with extensive opportunities to promote our business and our brands on the world stage."
The 18th Commonwealth Games will be held from March 15-26 2006, with 4,500 athletes from 71 nations taking part.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Shopper Marketing - Dusseldorf £45k Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £45k, Dusseldorf
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London