Foster's to sponsor 2006 Commonwealth Games
LONDON - Drinks giant Foster's has signed up to sponsor the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, claiming the marketing rights for spirits, cider and ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages during the athletics tournament.
Foster's will use its association of the games to promote its portfolio of drink brands including Foster's, Crown Lager, Strongbow Cider and Cougar Bourbon.
The sponsorship means Foster's will be able to celebrate the partnership at the unveiling of the newly created athletics track at a glittering event attended by Australia's leading athletes and Commonwealth Games dignitaries.
Trevor O' Hoy, president and chief executive of Foster's Group, said: "Melbourne is the global headquarters and spiritual home of Foster's and since the eyes of the world will be on our great city for the duration of the games, the sponsorship provides us with extensive opportunities to promote our business and our brands on the world stage."
The 18th Commonwealth Games will be held from March 15-26 2006, with 4,500 athletes from 71 nations taking part.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- FMCG Client side Research and Insight Manager Elizabeth Norman International £40000 per annum + Generous bonus and benefits, West London