Blockbuster and McDonald's team up for burger promotion
LONDON - Blockbuster and McDonald's have teamed up to offer fast food and film fanatics the chance to 'rent one get one free' with every purchase of a Big Mac or McChicken Premiere.
One out of 100,000 customers will also be given the chance to receive a free rental of their choice. In addition, each burger box will feature a code allowing customers to take-up a one-month free trial of Blockbuster's online DVD rental service.
The promotion will be advertised on-pack and through point of sale material in more than 1,200 McDonald's restaurants across the UK.
To support the campaign, McDonald's will be running a national TV campaign, developed by Leo Burnett.
Paul Greenwood, sales promotion and partnership marketing manager for Blockbuster UK, said: "This is a great promotion for Blockbuster, allowing us to work with a company with real brand synergy.
"As the UK's number one DVD rental brand it was obvious that we should work with such a well recognised and popular company, to provide customers with everything they need for a great night in.
The promotion will be running from November 30 to January 31 2006.
Dominic Rowell, head of marketing at McDonald's Restaurants, added: "This is a great offer, and one which we know our customers are going to love -- especially at this time of year when the nights are cold and you've got the family over for Christmas. A McDonald's meal and a Blockbuster DVD equals a great night."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London