BHF takes healthy eating message to cities and schools
LONDON - The British Heart Foundation is using field marketing and educational packs to get its healthy eating message closer to children.
The "Food4Thought" campaign, which began above the line earlier this month, is designed to warn children aged 11 to 12 years old about the danger of eating too much unhealthy food and stave off the future threat of heart disease.
A total of 590,000 action packs will be distributed, targeting children in and out of school. They contain a fun magazine called Dump the Junk, posters of England cricketer Andrew Flintoff and pop band Girls Aloud, collectible cards, stickers and a scratchcard competition.
The BHF is sending 350,000 packs to secondary schools along with 5,000 teacher resource packs, resembling pizza boxes, designed to help classroom discussions of food issues.
The remaining action packs will be handed out at weekends from mock fast-food carts in 12 cities including London, Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham by field marketing and events agency The Works London.
Betty McBride, BHF director of policy and communications, said: "The Food4Thought Roadshow is all about grabbing the attention of children and talking to them in a colourful and engaging way."
Other elements of the integrated campaign are designed to get children to investigate BHF's campaign microsite. Media agency MG OMD secured ad space on ITV's CiTV home page and a tie-up with website Swapitshop, making sports equipment available for children to spend their Swapit points on.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London