Heinz named UK's 'most desired' brand by shoppers
LONDON - Heinz Baked Beanz has been named 'the most desired brand' in the UK, according to a new survey, as big brands score well.
Carried out by academics at the University of Bath and integrated agency Geronimo, those surveyed were ask to name their preferred brands and rank their level of disappointment if they were not available when shopping.
According to Geronimo, the aim was not to chart the products that sell the most, but those that consumers feel most passionately about.
Other Heinz products also did well in the survey, with its tinned soup range being named the second most desirable product and its tomato ketchup coming in at eighth place.
The third place brand was Fairy washing-up liquid, followed by Kellogg's cereal range in fourth, Nescafe coffee in fifth and Colgate toothpaste in sixth.
The rest of the top 10 is made up of seventh-placed Walker's Crisps, Robinson's squash in ninth and Andrex toilet paper in 10th place.
Bigger name brand such as Coca-Cola missed out on a top 10 placing, with the drinks brand ranked at 11th. Cadbury chocolate bars were ranked 20th and Hovis reached number 29.
Geronimo managing partner Andy Snuggs said: "From various data already available any marketer will know which FMCG brands sell the most. With this research, we have found out which grocery brands consumers feel closest to and feel most passionately about."
Out of the 100 brands charted around half are owned by just five firms -- Unilever, P&G, Heinz, PepsiCo and Tesco, which had eight of its own-label brands such as its cheese included in the survey.
1. Heinz Baked Beans (49.5%)
2. Heinz tinned soup (42.2%)
3. Fairy washing up liquid (40.5%)
4. Kellogg's Cereal (34.2%)
5. Nescafe coffee (33.3%)
6. Colgate toothpaste (32.6%)
7. Walker's crisps and snacks (30.9%)
8. Heinz tomato ketchup (29.4%)
9. Robinson's squash (25.0%)
10. Andrex Toilet paper (23.4%)
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London