WPP acquires Chinese joint venture agency SCMR
LONDON – WPP Group-owned Research International has acquired the majority share in its joint venture partner South China Market Research.
The acquisition gives WPP control of three SCMR full service offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, fieldwork offices and relationships with more than 100 suppliers nationally.
Under the terms of the deal, WPP is now the holding company for SCMR, which has been trading under its Research International company name since 1997.
Chen Jin, chief executive of Research International China, said the move will strengthen the partnership.
"We expect integration into the group to mean closer cooperation, standardised methodologies, improved IT systems, increased spend on R&D, access to proprietary techniques, global knowledge management and increased staff training.
"This will be of benefit to our clients and our staff. This deal will help us to service international clients coming in to China and Chinese clients looking to Asia and the rest of the world."
Heather Payne, chief executive of Research International Asia Pacific region, said: "China is of strategic importance for us and our clients. We already have strong regional coverage in Asia, and this acquisition is part of our strategy to invest further in the region."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London