Royal Mail sends out first round of PiP packs
LONDON – Royal Mail is starting its nine-month long Pricing in Proportion communications programme with a mailing to direct marketing agencies, printing companies, mailing houses, charities, home shopping companies and publishers.
Royal Mail says it is providing information to these industries first in accordance with the feedback it received from its consultation on Pricing in Proportion, or PiP. The mailing will go out "early this month".
In successive phases, every UK business address will receive detailed information on PiP, together with a sizing template and pricing stickers so that they can compare current prices with those that will be introduced under PiP on August 21 2006.
The campaign will then turn its focus on the public with TV, radio and press advertising, and information in all Post Office branches. In August, Royal Mail will conduct a review to see whether further activity is necessary.
Further details including proposed business prices are available at a dedicated microsite or via the Royal Mail's dedicated customer service line on 08456 113 113.
Separately, Royal Mail came in for criticism this week from Which? magazine and Postwatch.
According to a Which? survey of 1,000 adults, one in four people have suffered both lost and damaged post in the 12 months to September, while a further 34% suffered either lost or damaged post. Royal Mail claims that 99.9% of mail arrives safely.
Postwatch this year repeated its recommendation that consumers should send Christmas post early and use Second Class, claiming that in December First Class stamped and metered mail performance declines dramatically.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Account Director B2B Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London