I'm a Celeb and Corrie bingo set for launch
LONDON - ITV Sales is launching a slate of online bingo games around its most successful shows 'Coronation Street', 'Emmerdale' and 'I'm a Celebrity.. Get Me Out of Here!'.
The online games will cost from 10p a play and will offer players the chance of winning as much as £30,000.
The games are being developed and powered by online bingo company Jackpotjoy.com and will be heavily marketed across ITV.com and 'Coronation Street', 'Emmerdale', 'I'm a Celebrity...' websites.
Colin Ramsay, head of online sales at ITV, said: "We believe that partnerships such as this are very much part of our future. We see the convergence of traditional media brands and the new platforms such as online and mobile as the future of brand development, offering new services to our existing viewers and attracting new viewers via a wide range of branded outlets across the whole gamut of emerging platforms."
The deal comes as ITV looks set to complete a £120m deal to acquire the Friends Reunited web business.
Michael Braga, managing director of Mice & Dice, which markets Jackpotjoy.com, said the audiences for the ITV shows and the jackpot website were very close.
Braga said: "The synergy between prestigious brands such as 'Coronation Street' and 'I'm a Celebrity' and online games such as bingo are obvious. Not only are the demographics remarkably similar, but also the associations with fun, relaxation and enjoyment are closely related.
"We are seeing more and more 'old' media brands approaching a new-media brand such as Jackpotjoy.com, looking for partnerships that offer benefits to both business and audience."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London