Mark Thompson named as mover and shaker of 2005
LONDON - BBC director-general Mark Thompson has been named as one of the capital's top 100 movers and shakers in a list compiled by Time Out.
The list features 100 of the most influential and dynamic individuals honoured as having a major impact on the capital in 2005, with Mayor Ken Livingstone voted in at number one.
Time Out described how Thompson, who replaced Greg Dyke, is one of the most influential media figures in the capital. Thompson is currently in the process of shaking up the BBC and cutting thousands of jobs.
The top 100 list included several others from the media world including: Guatam Malkani, author and editor of Financial Times Creative Business, who came in at 55; Danny Baker, BBC London presenter, who was placed at 98; and John Blake, publisher and former editor of the Sunday People.
Top Shop brand director Jane Shepherdson came in at number seven, above Tony Blair, who to little surprise came in at number 10.
Television chef and multimillionaire Jamie Oliver was placed at number 29 for his hugely successful school dinner campaign.
The full list can be seen in this week's issue of Time Out and features exclusive interviews with Livingstone and a number of the named individuals from the world of art, culture, politics, public services, retail and business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Executive Zebra People £32000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London