OMD wins £80m Norwich Union and RAC accounts
LONDON - The newly combined Norwich Union and RAC media planning and buying account, estimated to be worth £80m, has gone to OMD meaning Brand Connection and Vizeum lose out.
The pitch was sparked by Norwich Union's parent company Aviva's £1.1bn acquisition of RAC in March. Brand Connection was the incumbent on Norwich Union for 21 years, while Vizeum handled RAC.
Colin Webb, marketing director at Norwich Union General Insurance, said: "We are looking forward to building a tremendous business relationship with OMD to deliver efficiencies and effectiveness going forward."
The work excludes online and below-the-line activity, which is currently under consideration.
Steve Williams, managing director of OMD UK, said: "Colin Webb, Shaun Meadows and their teams have been a pleasure to work with during an interesting and rigorous pitch process; with team chemistry, integration and collaboration being high on their agendas. With these people and such great brands and services, we can do great work and we are looking forward to developing a successful partnership."
The creative work has already been consolidated with Norwich Union agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Crisis Management PR Specialist Network Marketing £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Manager Digital Marketing EMEA Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East England
- Head of SEO PFJ £70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + excellent executive benefits, London