OMD wins £80m Norwich Union and RAC accounts
LONDON - The newly combined Norwich Union and RAC media planning and buying account, estimated to be worth £80m, has gone to OMD meaning Brand Connection and Vizeum lose out.
The pitch was sparked by Norwich Union's parent company Aviva's £1.1bn acquisition of RAC in March. Brand Connection was the incumbent on Norwich Union for 21 years, while Vizeum handled RAC.
Colin Webb, marketing director at Norwich Union General Insurance, said: "We are looking forward to building a tremendous business relationship with OMD to deliver efficiencies and effectiveness going forward."
The work excludes online and below-the-line activity, which is currently under consideration.
Steve Williams, managing director of OMD UK, said: "Colin Webb, Shaun Meadows and their teams have been a pleasure to work with during an interesting and rigorous pitch process; with team chemistry, integration and collaboration being high on their agendas. With these people and such great brands and services, we can do great work and we are looking forward to developing a successful partnership."
The creative work has already been consolidated with Norwich Union agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London