Arla to review £25m advertising account
LONDON - Arla Foods, the dairy company behind the Anchor and Lurpak brands, is to review its combined £25m advertising account, with five agencies to battle it out in a winner-takes-all pitch.
The review will involve Clemmow Hornby Inge, which works on Anchor, and DDB London, which handles Lurpak and Cravendale, taking part in the pitch, the result of which will be announced in April 2006. Three other agencies will also take part in the review.
Arla said it is looking for a team with "the best understanding and personality". The pitch process came following a strategic communications review conducted by Arif Bangi, Arla's media and communication manager.
"The review is part of a company-wide initiative to drive strategic best practice across the business. We are looking for one key partner to manage our multi-brand portfolio and to propel us forward in what will inevitably be a period of sales growth and new product innovation," Bangi said.
Media, which is handled by Carat, will not be affected by the review. Arla recently appointed JCPR to its £1m PR account after a four-way pitch.
Last month, Simon Stevens, Arla sales director, was named as its top UK marketer following a management reshuffle.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Comms Planning Account Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + 20% Bonus , London
- Mid/ Senior Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London