Football League targets 400,000 in supporter survey
LONDON – The Football League is targeting 400,000 fans in the widest supporter consultation exercise in its 117-year history.
The Football League Supporters Survey 2006, which is being conducted by SportsWise, gives supporters the opportunity to have their say on the important football issues of the day, including the possible introduction of sin-bins and goal-line technology, the role of agents, refereeing standards and whether watching League football offers good value for money.
The 400,000 outbound emails will be sent to registered supporters, asking them to contribute their views. Additionally, all other supporters will be able to participate online, via The Football League website.
Lord Mawhinney, chairman of The Football League, said: "Historically, the league hasn't done enough to find out what those who watch our games actually think. This exercise will change that and demonstrate just how much we value their views.
"I hope tens of thousands of supporters will take the opportunity to tell us about the football they watch. Their answers will help to shape the future direction of The Football League."
The results of the survey will be published in the spring.
Those completing the survey will also be in line to win tickets to a cup final at the new Wembley Stadium. There are five pairs of tickets on offer, with the lucky winners having the choice of watching one of the Coca-Cola Football League Play-off Finals, the Carling Cup Final or the LDV Vans Trophy Final.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London