Football League targets 400,000 in supporter survey
LONDON – The Football League is targeting 400,000 fans in the widest supporter consultation exercise in its 117-year history.
The Football League Supporters Survey 2006, which is being conducted by SportsWise, gives supporters the opportunity to have their say on the important football issues of the day, including the possible introduction of sin-bins and goal-line technology, the role of agents, refereeing standards and whether watching League football offers good value for money.
The 400,000 outbound emails will be sent to registered supporters, asking them to contribute their views. Additionally, all other supporters will be able to participate online, via The Football League website.
Lord Mawhinney, chairman of The Football League, said: "Historically, the league hasn't done enough to find out what those who watch our games actually think. This exercise will change that and demonstrate just how much we value their views.
"I hope tens of thousands of supporters will take the opportunity to tell us about the football they watch. Their answers will help to shape the future direction of The Football League."
The results of the survey will be published in the spring.
Those completing the survey will also be in line to win tickets to a cup final at the new Wembley Stadium. There are five pairs of tickets on offer, with the lucky winners having the choice of watching one of the Coca-Cola Football League Play-off Finals, the Carling Cup Final or the LDV Vans Trophy Final.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London