MediaCom scoops £35m COI press buying account
LONDON - MediaCom has landed the Central Office of Information's £35m press buying account after a final shootout with Starcom.
MediaCom, which was the incumbent agency on the account, has held the business since 2000. Walker Media and Initiative were also shortlisted, but were eliminated from the review last month.
The government advertising body said it assessed agencies on negotiation strategy, experience and quality of service.
Peter Buchanan, COI deputy chief executive, said: "It was a difficult decision as the proposals from the final shortlisted agencies were of an extremely high standard and we have seen enhanced value through different approaches to planning and buying.
"All the agencies showed a high level of commitment and it was clear they understood COI's fit within the media landscape. We will now build on our relationship with MediaCom to ensure continued success at producing campaigns that are cost efficient and effective."
COI's £2m cinema buying contract is also under review, with Carat, MindShare, Manning Gottlieb OMD, ZenithOptimedia and Initiative invited to pitch against incumbent Universal McCann.
The government communications organisation is also reviewing its strategic media planning roster. The incumbents include Naked, Starcom, PHD and The Ingram Partnership.
Earlier this year, COI renewed its creative roster. Agencies including Wieden & Kennedy and Clemmow Hornby Inge were appointed to the £156m account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire