NTL says its £817m offer for Virgin Mobile is best alternative
LONDON – NTL has responded to the rejection of its £817m bid for Virgin Mobile by independent directors, saying that its offer is the best alternative for the firm owned by Sir Richard Branson.
Earlier this week, Branson said that he thought NTL would have to offer as much as £100m extra as shareholders rejected the cable firm's bid.
In a statement issued this afternoon, NTL said: "NTL continues to believe that its potential offer at 323p per Virgin Mobile share represents better value, for all Virgin Mobile shareholders, than Virgin Mobile's standalone alternatives and will make a further announcement in due course, if and when appropriate."
Branson, who owns 72% of Virgin Mobile, said that he thought a deal would still be done.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Executive - Creative Agency EC1 £25-30k Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Great Benefits, West End
- Senior Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £50,000, West London
- Senior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager - Innovation and Communications Online Resourcing £competitive; excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex