Farfar creative chief to preside over Cannes 2006 Cyber Lions
LONDON - Matias Palm-Jensen, creative president of Farfar Sweden, has been named as the 2006 Cyber Lions jury president.
The Swede has been working in digital advertising since 1994 when he started one of the first portals on the web and later started agency Spiff Industries in 1996, before going on to found Farfar in 2000.
At Farfar, whose clients include Absolut, Nokia, Heineken, Adidas, Red Bull, Warner Music and the Red Cross among others, Palm-Jensen is responsible for the agency's business and creative direction.
Over the years, Farfar has won a number of international awards including a Cannes Cyber Lions Grand Prix in 2001 as well as a Gold and five Bronze Lions, and has been listed by Campaign as one of the world's hottest creative agencies.
He has previously been member of many international juries, including the Cannes Cyber Lions jury in 2002.
Terry Savage, executive chairman of the Cannes Festival, said: "Matias is a master of interactive advertising. His passion for creative groundbreaking work and his experience on many international panels are great credentials for taking on this leading role."
He added: "I am very proud and humbled having been appointed chairman. But the time has run out for the digital industry to be humble. Traditionalists -- you'd better watch out."
The 53rd International Advertising Festival will be held on June 18-24 2006 in Cannes, France.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London