Bollore set to outline Havas plans this morning
LONDON - Vincent Bollore, the Havas chairman, is set to outline his vision for the French advertising group at a news conference today, just weeks after he also took his stake in Aegis Group above the 25% mark.
The conference comes six months after he took over the chairmanship of Havas and is set to spell out where he sees the future of the group, the world's sixth-largest advertising group.
This is likely to include details of a restructure plan as it battles to compete with rivals including Omnicom and Publicis Groupe. It is also speculated that an option under consideration could be a merger between Havas and Aegis.
Chiefly, this would involve bringing together the Havas-owned Media Planning Group with the Aegis-owned Carat and Vizeum media buying operations.
The merger speculation dates back to August, when Bollore began his stock-buying spree in Aegis, which hit 25.05% late last month.
Publicis, as well as WPP Group in collaboration with Hellman & Friedman, were previously in the running to buy Aegis, but have since ruled themselves out. WPP looked most likely to do a deal, but this failed to materialise, leaving the way open for Bollore.
Last month, investor David Herro, who is most famous for leading a shareholder revolt against the Saatchi brothers, told the Financial Times that he believes Bollore is the best hope for Aegis.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester