P&W goes smiley for Lyme Regis's Bright cereal bars
LONDON – Pemberton & Whitefoord has designed a new organic snack brand, called Bright, for Lyme Regis Fine Foods featuring a smiley emoticon to reflect the growing text message culture.
The Bright design is being targeted at health-conscious buyers of all ages and has been developed by P&W, following a four-way pitch for the brief.
The new range contains natural and organic snacks for adults and children. They comprise nutritious low glycemic index and glycemic load cereal bars coated in Belgian dark chocolate.
The packaging for the bars include the smiley graphic against a different shaded background for each variety and a word that relates to the bar.
For example, the dark chocolate cereal bars covered with orange has the word "energise". Other variations include cranberries, for the "inside", and hazelnuts to "relax".
The design agency has tried to step away from the trend of putting serious branding with health bars, such as pictures of wheat or "rolling hills".
Adrian Whitefoord, founding partner of P&W, said: "Most health bars are quite serious in their presentation and have about as much personality as a pile of dry muesli. Bright is creating something new in a stale sector of the market, with metallic packs and a bright smiley branding placed proudly in the centre of the packaging design.
"We made the copy fun, friendly and engaging to help communicate that healthy eating is cool. The smiley was a good visual device as it has a iconic resonance with all age groups."
The packaging has been designed to work on the supermarket shelf, the small retail store and in the lunchbox.
Graeme Mulheron, sales and marketing manager of Lyme Regis Foods, said: "When the Bright brand was first presented to the multiple buyers, their feedback on the branding and packaging design was extremely positive. They felt that the brand communicated a clear and simple message using a modern but understated approach."
He added: "Initial sales would indicate that consumers are certainly noticing the Bright range on-shelf and the message is encouraging them to pick up and try."
Lyme Regis Fine Foods is a privately owned company, established in 1986.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London