Metro International launches online European reader panel
LONDON – Metro International is launching an online pan-European panel of its readers to deliver its advertisers more detailed information on who is reading its newspapers.
The Metro Life panel, powered by online research agency eDigital Research, aims to have more than 15,000 Metro readers in place by its launch in the next few months.
With an investment of €700,000 (£472,000), the Swedish news group will initially target Metro readers in Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands, but will be rolled out across a further 11 European markets. The panel will be managed by Market Evolution.
As well as gaining reader insights for Metro International about the design and content of the paper, the panel will give advertisers, agencies and commercial partners details about European audiences, their lifestyles, purchasing habits and how best to reach them through advertising.
The online research will include ad effectiveness surveys to provide advertisers with feedback on the impact, awareness and perceptions of their campaigns with response times set to be as little as 72 hours.
Wilf Maunoir, head of research at Metro International, said: "Combined with the TNS Gallup pan-European survey we established five years ago, Metro Life Panel's flexible and innovative approach will deliver an even deeper understanding of the metropolitan audience."
Greg Miall, director of global sales at Metro International, added: "Metro Life Panel will help us better serve our advertisers by giving them exclusive insights into our readership base of 12.5m European young metropolitans."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager - London - Immediate Start Source £30000 - £34000 per annum, London