Fast Track acquires Lighthouse Communications
LONDON - Sports marketing agency Fast Track is merging with sponsorship consultancy Lighthouse Communications to stengthen its offering across a range of sports including rugby and football.
Fast Track, the UK-based agency owned by former Olympic hurdler Alan Pascoe that specialises in Olympic sports, will take full control of Lighthouse, which creates and runs sponsorship deals for companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Heineken, Land Rover and Times Newspapers.
Under the deal, Lighthouse will be renamed Fast Track and Jim Glover, head of Lighthouse, will become joint managing director of Fast Track with Jon Ridgeon, current managing partner.
According to Pascoe, who is also vice-chairman of the London 2012 orgainising committee, the close fit between the two companies and the focus on sports sponsorships in the build-up to London 2012 Olympics was a significant reason behind the merger for the merger.
"Lighthouse Communications will bring a great deal of additional expertise, experience, revenues and depth to Fast Track across the entire agency, with particular focus on client consultancy and activation strategies -- ideal as we move into the build-up to Britain hosting the 2012 Olympic Games," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Freelance Creative Artworkers Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Account Manager - Selling to Agencies Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Commission, London
- National Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London