Experian buys price comparison site PriceGrabber
LONDON - Experian has acquired US price comparison service PriceGrabber.com for £269m.
PriceGrabber, which is currently a small player in the UK with PriceGrabber.co.uk and offices in London, currently serves around 17m unique visitors via its own branded website and more than 300 third-party branded versions including Ask Jeeves and MSN.
Its information service covers categories including consumer electronics, clothing, office products, and home and garden.
Don Robert, Experian Group CEO, said: "We are very excited about the future growth prospects of combining PriceGrabber.com with Experian's interactive and marketing businesses."
Experian said the acquisition would further extend the range of marketing solutions it provides to multichannel retailers and catalogue companies, while PriceGrabber said that it expects to be able to improve the quality of leads referred to retailers' websites by adding Experian data and analytics.
All 140 PriceGrabber staff, including president Kamram Pourzanjani, will stay on. The company was founded in 1999 and expects to make 2005 profits before interest and tax of $25m (£14.1m) on sales of $60m.
In May this year Experian bought a US financial services comparison website, Lowermybills.com, for $330m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Executive PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits, London