Razor Ruddock fronts mobile sports show for O2 and Buongiorno
LONDON - O2 and Buongiorno have teamed up to launch 'Soccer Addicts', which they claim is the world's first mobile sports talkshow.
The four-minute weekly show for to O2's 2.5G and 3G customers, will incorporate studio footage, location interviews, video, picture and text contributions from fans.
'Soccer Addicts' will be hosted by former Liverpool, West Ham and Swindon player Neil "Razor" Ruddock, who also starred in the third series of 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
Users can send in video clips of their comments and opinions about recent matches, players' performances and club expectations. The clips can be seen alongside video comments from their sporting idols and TV presenters.
The programme will include a number of related mobile services including alerts, wallpapers, ringtones, club chants and video footage.
James Parton, head of music, TV and video products at O2, said: "'Soccer Addicts' is a unique content service in terms of breadth of audience participation and innovation.
"We are pleased to partner with Buongiorno to offer our customers a truly innovative mobile experience that drives mobile content in new and exciting directions."
The first show will go live on December 19 and will be available for download or streaming to mobile phones for the entire week with a new show going live every Monday.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London